iPhone allows users to shot great photos and videos with its built-in iSight camera. However the iPhone storage space is limited and there is no way to expand, thus you may want to transfer some of the photos and videos from iPhone to Windows 8 for backup. Luckily the photo and video transfer from iPhone to Windows 8 computers is easy and straightforward. To do that, just follow below steps.
1. Connect your iPhone with PC with the USB data cord.
2. Double click Computer on your Windows 8 desktop.
3. Your iPhone will be listed under the Devices with Removable Storage section. Right-click your iPhone name and click Import pictures and videos.
4. Choose a tag if desired and click Import to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to your Windows 8 computer.
Additional iPhone Transfer Tips:
1. By default, the photos and videos from iPhone will be copied to the My Pictures library on your Windows 8 PC.
2. Photos and videos synced from iTunes are cannot be imported from iPhone to PC though. You can use a specialized photo transfer tool for iPhone, if you like to transfer synced photos and videos back to computer in the iPhone Photo Library folder that were previously synced from PC to iPhone via iTunes. iPhone Wi-Fi Transfer app is your best choice, it can not only transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Windows 8 computers, but also transfer from Windows 8 to your iPhone. And what you need is just your Wi-Fi, no iTunes or USB cable required.