Transfer Files Wirelessly Between Computers and iOS Devices
Many iOS users find it is inconvenient to send photos and videos between their iPhone/iPad/iPod and computer. Because you have to use a USB data cable to connect the iOS device and computer, then launch iTunes app on computer and sync.
The iOS App, Wireless Transfer App, can help users Transfer Files Wirelessly Between Computers and iOS Devices. With this wireless app for iOS, you will be able to get your photo and video files in and out of your iPhone/iPad/iPod easily through your Wi-Fi network. No USB cable or iTunes required.
Follow bellow instructions to Transfer Files Wirelessly Between Computers and iOS Devices
On the iDevice Side
Wireless Transfer App can transfer all photos and videos in your Camera Roll folder on your iOS devices.
- The first time you open Wireless Transfer App, you will see two buttons on the main interface Send and Receive. Tap Send button if you want to send out photos and videos from your iOS device to another iOS or computer. Tap Receive button if you like to transfer photos and videos from another iOS or computer to your iOS device.
- To transfer photo and video files wirelessly between computers and iOS devices, there is an easier way. At the bottom of the main interface, you will find a local IP address. You can access this address on your computer web browsers. You can send files from computer to iOS, or download files from iOS to computer from your web browsers.
- There will be an Info icon on the bottom left corner of the main screen. Tap it to open and see a quick walkthrough on using Wireless Transfer App.
- On the bottom right corner of the main interface, there is a gear icon which allows you to customize the transfer app. For example, you can set a password to make your wireless transfer more secure and private.
- If you are using the Wireless Transfer App on iPad, you will find the paint icon at the bottom right corner, just next to the gear icon. You can tap the paint icon to change to a new theme. For iPhone and iPod users, just shake it to switch to a new theme.
On the Computer Side
Windows and Mac OS X
- First, open Internet Explorer or other web browsers on your Windows PC. If you are on Mac, open Safari browser or any other browsers available.
- Then type in the full IP address that you got from the iOS app into the address bar of your browser. Hit “Enter” and you will be able to see the content of the Camera Roll folder on your iOS device.
- You can browse through your Camera Roll folder and other folders/albums under it from your computer browser. Transferring files between the two devices is similar to a FTP client transfer. You can select to download a single photo or video, you can select to download several files, you can choose to download a whole album.
- To send files from computer to iOS device, click the red button labeled as Upload Images & Videos. You will then get a pop-up file selector, you can browse through all videos and photos on your computer hard drive and choose to upload to your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Tips Transferring Files Wirelessly Between Computers and iOS Devices
- The transfer speed will depend on the file size and the speed of your Wi-Fi connection. It is very fast when you have stable Wi-Fi connection and strong Wi-Fi signal.
- There will be a indicator on your computer to show you the transfer process. After the transfer process is finished, you will be notified from the browser screen.
- Wireless Transfer App allows you preview the photos on the iOS device before you download them to your computer. And there will be thumbnails of video files as well. So you can easily find the files you want to transfer.
- For multiple photo transfer, you can download them as compressed zip file. This will make the transfer faster.
The Wireless Transfer App only supports file transferring and not file editing. The receiver can create new folders to save the file transfer, the sender can’t create folders on the receiver’s device.
Have you tried Wireless Transfer App? What do you think about it? Do you know or use other similar alternatives? Share your opinions using the comments below.